Saturday, January 06, 2007

If only...

If only I could be the one that you really need
If only I could follow you across the open seas

If only I could hold you in my arms so tight
If only I could lay with you and talk through out the night

If only I could share with you the beauty of the trees
and share with you the gentleness of the summer breeze

Sit with you and listen to the laughter of a child
Sit with you in silence watching creatures in the wild

Listen to the stories you tell of days gone by
Be there just to hold you if a memory made you cry

Sit with you and listen to the chirping of a bird
Smiling as you tell me it's the sweetest sound you've heard

So if you ever find the time reach out and type my name
the dreams above I mentioned will always be the same
If my life was different I know what I would do
I'd stand tall there at your side and cross those seas with you

No comments: