Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I feared

I feared being alone...
until I learned to like myself.


I feared failure...
until I realized that
I only fail when I don't try.


I feared success...
until I realized that I had to
try in order to be happy with myself.


I feared peoples opinions...
until I learned that people would have
opinions about me anyway.


I feared rejection...
until I learned to have
faith in myself.


I feared pain...
until I learned that
it's necessary for growth.


I feared the truth...
until I saw the ugliness in lies.


I feared life...
until I experienced its beauty.


I feared death...
until I realized that it's not an end
but a beginning.


I feared my destiny...
until I realized that I had
the power to change my life.


I feared hate...
until I realized it was nothing more
than ignorance.


I feared love...
until it touched my heart
making the darkness fade into
endless sunny days.


I feared ridicule...
until I learned to laugh at myself.


I feared growing old...
until I realized that I gained
Wisdom everyday.


I feared the future...
until I realized that life just kept
getting better everyday.


I feared the past...
until I realized that
it could no longer hurt me.


I feared the darkness...
until I saw the beauty of the starlight.


I feared the light...
until I learned that the truth
would give me strength.


I feared change...
until I saw that even the most
beautiful butterfly had to undergo
a metamorphosis before it could fly.

No comments: